This would be like the biggest treasure a woman can ever discover. A treasure full of gold, silver, shopping bags, accessories, no extra fat, some cheesy pizza and yes of course a potion that keeps you forever young. Does this sound like a treasure that every woman would seek throughout her life? Yes, indeed it’s true. Every woman that walks on this planet at some point in her life imagines how she would be when she grows old, she imagines herself not only physically but emotionally, as well. There’s so much to growing old and living in the moment that one loses track of everything in between. You don’t really give any importance to your health while you are on the run to earn enough money to sustain your family and your old age. But what’s really in all that money other than helping out the family?
If you cannot find anything good for your health and self then you shouldn’t care too much about anything else. Women often whine about their slowly replenishing skin glow and really don’t know what to do with it. There are many home remedies that can be prepared using simple ingredients found well inside the kitchen and the process to apply and remove isn’t difficult at all. It only needs a little bit of an extra effort than the usual.
Using Aloe Vera:
In the world of home remedies we consider Aloe Vera as a “Miracle Plant” that magically finds its way inside almost every remedy and gives away tremendous benefits. If you have the facility to have one or two plants at home; our recommendation will hands down be Aloe Vera. This plant doesn’t require much maintenance and grows with a single stem planted into the pot.
- Aloe Vera is the best foundation for oily skin. It not only leaves your skin feeling tightened and refreshed but will also prevent skin sagging in the longer run.
- Those of you who go through seasonal acne breaks can make some really good use out of Aloe Vera extract. The plant has anti bacterial properties that helps get rid of any bacterial infection caused to the skin.
- This miracle plant also enables fresh cell growth that assures removal of dead skin that brings a natural glow to the skin.
- You can simply take some fresh and organic Aloe Vera extract right from your garden and use a cotton ball to apply the extract all over the face and neck. The extract takes about 12-15 minutes to dry off completely and you can wash it off afterwards. You can also find organic aloe vera extracts at different drug stores.
- This remedy can be used as per choice and according to your convenience.
Baking Soda has both anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that help get rid of problems caused by acne and pimples. The good thing about baking soda is that it is known to balance a healthy skin pH value which is essential to achieve a clear and glowing skin. Baking soda has a scrub like texture and home remedies that involve the use of it are mostly because of its good exfoliating abilities.
- This exfoliating ability makes it a good ingredient to help get rid of dead skin cells.
- For creating a homemade scrub use a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with a teaspoon of water or lemon juice (preferably lemon juice for whitening purposes). After mixing them well, simply use this to scrub the face in order to get rid of dirt and dead cells.
- You can also create a moisturizing scrub by mixing a teaspoon of baking soda with a teaspoon of honey and then on a damp face gently massage this mixture. After gentle and thorough massage, simply wash it off with cold water.
Turmeric is an age old spice that is used as a part of many herbal skin whitening recipes. There are a number of antiseptic properties that help get rid of any inflammation that might be present on the surface of the skin and helps get rid of scars or marks left behind by tough acne. Sometimes due to some acne breakouts that might have left the place but have also darkened the area badly, here too turmeric can be used as an effective skin-lightening and whitening agent.
- The most effective and commonly used turmeric based paste is created by just two ingredients a tablespoon of turmeric and gram flour and creating a paste out of it with the help of water/rosewater.
- This paste not only removes excess oil and dirt from the face but also helps reduce redness and dullness from the dark spots.
- Since this face-pack removes excess oil from the face it is recommended to use this once a week.
Papaya To The Rescue:
Papaya is the fruit that is used as a known meat tendering agent. Now apart from the tendering part there are rather much more useful benefits of this fruit. This fruit has a high range of antibacterial properties that help the body to get rid of any skin damage caused by bacterial invasion and also acts like a natural whitening agent to get rid of dark spots left behind by acne.
- The face-pack based on papaya is simply made by picking up a ripe papaya and cutting it into small portions.
- To make a paste out of it mix it with a tablespoon of sandalwood powder and a teaspoon of honey. Then to form a paste like texture you will have to blend them well together.
- Take the formed paste and apply it on your face and neck (never forget to include your neck as part of the skin care regime).
- Final procedure is to wait for good 20-30 minutes before you wash it off with cold water and pat your skin dry.
- This treatment is recommended once a week.
Glow With Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil is one of the very fine oils that have more benefits than troubles. The oil has a high resource of antioxidants that help the body get rid of free radicals. A few of these free radicals also attack the skin and often become a hurdle for free flow of blood to the skin. When there is no ample of amount of blood reaching the skin there won’t be any kind of natural glow on it. Being oil this is also a natural moisturizer that leaves your skin feeling silky smooth.
- The procedure for this tip is very simple. You just need to microwave a small amount of the oil and simply warm it up and not heat it.
- Now using your two fingers dip them in the oil and use them to gently massage the face and neck. We also recommend you to add in your hands and feet into the regime as well because with time the skin on your hands and feet also begin to sag.
- After a good, gently massage of 8-10 minutes go on and wash your hands with some lukewarm water.
The efforts made to look after your skin will seem like a burden in the beginning but when you will start noticing the long-term effects of these remedies you will definitely thank yourself for being able to take out the time and look after the most precious asset of your body.